Thursday, September 11, 2008

Breaking Thuough Writers Block

I haven’t done a very good job at keeping up with my blog or even my journal. Often, I feel most like writing when I’m angry with someone or the whole world. If I only write during those times, then my life appears to be filled with anger and self pity. But most importantly, those words, those simple symbols we use to convey information, thoughts and feelings can be so devastating when read out of context or without explanation.

I want to share myself, my story, my life - all of it, not just the angry painful times. My story is more about survival than death and grief, more about adventure than the everyday routine, and more about self discovery and hopefully the accumulation of wisdom.
The emotional expense, relief, or revelation of the many stories, thoughts, and observation are so brilliantly clear to me. I know exactly what I want to say, but once I touch pen to paper, the process of sharing information comes to a halt. My idea suddenly seem blurred, unimportant, silly, dumb or foolish. I become afraid of sharing , of being seen as immature or just plain stupid.


So………… I have become aware of “writers block” and now am finally, little by little, hammering through it’s wall.

No comments: