Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 2

As planned, I had chemo yesterday. Got there at 11am, they didn't have a bed for me yet so they told me to come back in 30 min. So I go back at 11:30, they access my port, draw my blood work and hook me up to a normal saline drip - I would say that all of this is done by noon.

Now it takes 30 min for each of my chemos to run in - I don't have any premeds or post med or hydration, just 2 drug, each taking 30 min to infuse.

My labs came back OK around 2pm, my chemo did not come up till 4pm - I did not leave there until 5pm - that is ridiculous.

Last night I was nauseated - didn't vomit, just nauseous. That was gone by this morning. My sense of taste has not gotten any worse and I felt pretty good until this afternoon. I tried to help my son and a friend shovel off a load of leaf mold - I was of very little help and was totally exhausted after what little I did. But all in all I can't really complain yet. I am having a lot more pain in my hip and back - that would not be caused by chemo ( explanation: chemo and the hormone prohibitors both can and often do cause a great deal of bone and joint pain) the reason I say that this is not r/t the chemo is because in both areas where I am having pain, I have also had cancer.

No comments: